Central States Private Education Network
c/o Akerman LLP
750 9th Street, NW, Suite 750
The Victor Building
Washington, DC 20001
The CSPEN community may, or may not be aware that Tuesday, December 3, 2019 is GivingTuesday. A day when the world comes together to give and make a difference.
Established just seven years ago, GivingTuesday was created as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity through donations to 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
As part of GivingTuesday, CSPEN has established an ambitious, but we believe realistic goal to raise $250,000 over the next 24 hours to fund CSPEN’s continued growth and ability to provide you with timely, accurate, and thought-provoking information and resources.
MAKING YOUR DONATION
Since CSPEN does not have membership dues, we leave it up to you to determine what your institution(s) can contribute. Some schools have based their contributions on a dollar amount per campus, while others have based it on a few dollars per student, and still others have simply given what they could afford during these challenging times. We understand and appreciate every dollar you can spare for this campaign! And remember, your contributions, especially for this campaign, are fully tax-deductible!
To make a donation, please email Jeanine Ford at Jeanine@centralstatesedu.com with the Subject Line: GIVINGTUESDAY. In the body of the email, please share with CSPEN whether you would prefer us to contact you to accept a credit card payment or would prefer to send CSPEN a check in the amount of your tax-deductible contribution!
As you know, CSPEN is a 501(c)(3) charitable, non-profit educational organization, dedicated to promoting the interests of students and private schools. CSPEN’s mission is to provide post-secondary educational institutions with:
- Access to resources and information designed to assist the institutional community in achieving compliance with state and federal legislative requirements and regulatory requirements: and
- Support for our students’ futures through the promotion of student access, completion, and successful entry into the occupational discipline and career of each student’s choosing.
Over the past five years, CSPEN has grown from a multi-state coalition into a national organization, while maintaining our primary mission and goals. This growth and expansion have led to several new initiatives, including but not limited to:
- • An Annual Conference like no other focused on providing the community with:
- timely and topical presentations by members of our community;
- the ability to connect our community both to each other, to professional resources; and
- assist in making their voice heard with policy makers
- • Bi-weekly “Tom-Bombs” sharing the latest breaking news, timely and accurate information on legislative and regulatory issues, summaries of key legislation and regulation, and discussions on the major topics impacting the community;
- • Summer and Winter Webinar Series designed to promote the sharing of information amongst and between our community; and, more recently
- • Comprehensive Policy Tracking of all federal higher education legislation introduced in the current 116th Congress; and
- • An Annual Higher Education Policy Summit held each February in Washington, DC to provide the community with access to “Hill Insiders” from all facets of the community responsible for monitoring, influencing and determining the fate of our students and schools.
All of this is as a result of you, our community, and the support you have provided through your time, recommendation, encouragement, and yes, your financial contributions. CSPEN continues to grow – but so does the cost of providing you with what we hope you agree are valuable and worthwhile information and resources.
There are way, way too many institutions, families, and third party vendors who have supported CSPEN throughout our journey to thank here, but we hope that each of you accept our heartfelt thanks for what you have done in the past – and hopefully for what all of you can spare in support of this GivingTuesday campaign!